Some Interesting Facts about Rap-God Eminem
Born on October 17, 1972, Marshall Bruce Mather III, or commonly known as Eminem is one of the most successful musical artists of the 21st century. He has worked his way up from the underground to become the most successful hip-hop artist in the world. Among his many crowning achievements, he has 15 Grammy and an Academy Award. Eminem has also tasted success in the movie. Love him or hate him, yet there is no ignoring Eminem. The rapper has had something reasonable of contentions and has produced hits that have either upset a few groups or enlivened a few. Yet, he without a doubt keeps on administering the rap universe.
Also Read: Ryan Reynolds Daughters Inspired Him to Speak Openly About Mental Health
With a global fan base, millions of albums sold, and plenty of collaborations as an artist.
Here are facts that you may not know about this iconic musician.
- When he wasn’t a globally famous musician, Eminem was Marshall Mather, a white boy who was often thrashed by African-American kids simply for not being black. He was beaten up so badly as a 9-year-old by a bully in school that he spent one week in a coma.
- When Dr. Dre heard his tape for the very first time, he thought Eminem was an African-American artist but after meeting him, not only was he astounded by his talent and but also by his skin tone!
- When he was an aspiring artist, he would regularly filter through dictionaries pages to concoct complex rhymes. Presently we know why he is so great with lyrics.
- Eminem is not a fan of reading books but loves comics. He was aspiring to be a comic book artist before he chanced upon Hip-Hop. (Thank God it didn’t work out)
- In the initial days of rapping with his high school pal Mike, he adopted the stage name M&M which is his initials and it later evolved into Eminem.
- When he won the Academy Award for his melody “Lose Yourself’, he didn’t appear to acknowledge it. He was resting in his home in Detroit.
- His first album “Infinite” was a failure. This sold only 1000 copies. He was criticized by the various disc jockeys that jibed that he should get into rock and roll. This led to him composing songs that had a hint of anger and insanity, which became his signature style later.
- His second album, however, did fairly well. He developed an alter ego Slim Shady who described his anger, his struggle, and his mental instability in his songs.
- Eminem broke the Guinness Book of World Records for ‘the most words in a hit song’ when his 2013 single Rap Godwas released. Not only did the song receive critical acclaim, but it also established the fact that Eminem still ruled the roost.
- He wrote down his acclaimed tune ‘Lose Yourself’ in only 30 seconds. The same song won him an Oscar. The song turned into the first rap song to win an Oscar.
- Eminem has sold 80 million-plus albums worldwide, making him one of the highest-selling artists of all time. He has outsold the likes of legendary rap artists such as Biggie Smalls, Tupac Shakur, Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, NWA, Ice Cube, and others.
- Once, back in 2006, Eminem ingested too many drugs and might have died had he not been rushed to emergency. If he had been any later, he would have died because of his organs shutting down.
- Eminem does not know how to operate a computer! He refuses to learn it.
- He went on to win an Academy Award for best original song for his semi-autobiographical movie 8 miles. It is the first-ever rap song to win an academy award.
- He says that he has three personalities or split personalities within him. Eminem is for the rapper, Slim Shady is for his temper and dark alter ego and Mathew Mathers who he is at the end of the day.
- Dre has marked Eminem as one of the most workaholic artists. He is one of the diligent and intelligent rappers who would not let go of a track until and unless it was perfect the way he wanted it to be.
- You may love him or hate him; Eminem broke the stereotypes and is an inspiration to many musicians.